These burgers were one of the easiest things to make. The above pictures show pretty much all the ingredients involved.
I'd imagine that these burgers are a pretty good base for pretty much any combinations of flavors, I was tempted to use curry instead of cumin, but I've been on a curry kick lately so I am trying not to over do it.
Sweet Potato and Black Bean Veggie Burgers
makes about 8 patties
1.5 cans of black beans, drained and rinsed
2 medium sweet potatoes, baked
1 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
fresh cilantro, chopped
2 tsp maple syrup
1/4 cup flour
Oven to 375.
1. Pierce sweet potatoes several times and bake for 45 minutes, or until tender. Once baked, scoop the flesh out and put into a mixing bowl.
2. Add the black beans to the sweet potato and mash them together, leaving slightly chunky.
3. Mix in cumin, cayenne, cilantro, maple syrup, and flour. Mix together well so that all the ingredients get distributed throughout.
4. Form into patties, coat with breadcrumbs.
5. If eating immediately, heat oil in a small pan. Place patty in and cook for a few minutes on each side, or until golden brown. If not enjoying immediately, freeze patties for later.
6. Top with desired toppings and enjoy!