Friday, February 1, 2013

Lavender Honey Bunches





I awoke this morning to sunshine streaming through the windows directly in to my eyes. I rolled over and pulled the covers over my head and heard the distant sound of birds chirping. As I hit snooze on my alarm for the third time I almost forgot that we are in the dead of winter.  That was until I had to emerge from my nest of pillows and sheets.  My feet hit the floor and it was freezing and I immediately pulled on the two sweaters and fuzzy socks that were sitting at the foot of the bed.


We've had snow, rain, and below freezing temperatures recently. We also had a day and a half of temperatures in the high 50's.  This, in addition to a 48 hour trip to Florida over New Year's, has left me longing for spring days, floral dresses, and more sunshine. So as I was swirling honey in to my tea this morning I decided to make these (and paint my nails a lavender hue) as a homage to spring. I was gifted some lovely lavender on that recent trip to Florida and this recipe looked so simple and good.  Spring, please hurry and allow sunlight to once again warm my skin.



Lavender Honey Bunches
makes about 24; from Purple Haze

  • 3 cups quick oats
  • 2 cups flaked coconut
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 cup butter
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • 1 tsp dried lavender
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Combine oats, coconuts and flour in a large mixing bowl.
  3. Bring brown sugar, butter, honey and lavender to a boil in a medium saucepan.
  4. Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients, stirring to combine. 
  5. Drop dough by spoonful in to greased muffin tins.
  6. Bake for approximately 12-15 minutes, until lightly golden. Allow to cool in tins for 15 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment